Here are the links to MS Windows software that we have tested and recommend:
- Ninite http://www.ninite.com/
A great tool to let you custom configure an installer to install applications on your PC. Perfect for your new PC to install the standard applications without a lot of downloading and clicking.
- AVG Anti-Virus http://free.grisoft.com/
Free for home use, good value for Business
- Spybot 2.2 http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
A very versatile tool, scans for Spyware/Malware and also lets you change the startup appications.
- ccleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/
The best tool to get rid of Crap files in the temp directories, etc. Highly recommended.
- Malwarebytes http://malwarebytes.org/
This is One fantastic tool. It has saved more systems from needing the wipe/reinstall.